Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Note our awards submission system is not connected to your membership account. If you've not submitted an entry in the past, you need to create a submission account. If you have submitted entries in the past and cannot remember your password, use the password recovery.
Welcome to your home base for submitting entries to the 2017 CAJ Awards program.
The deadline for entries in all categories is 11:59 p.m. ET on Jan. 15, 2018.
If you are unable to login to view your entry or complete payment, please email us.
We're pleased to offer 16 categories in this annual program. Detailed information on each category is available.
Our categories are:
- Open Media
- Community Media
- Open broadcast feature
- Open broadcast news
- Community broadcast
- Data journalism
- Online media
- Daily excellence
- Text feature
- JHR / CAJ Award for Human Rights Reporting
- JHR / CAJ Emerging Indigenous Journalist Award
- APTN / CAJ Reonciliation Award
- CWA Canada / CAJ Award for Labour Reporting
- CAJ / CNW Group Student Award of Excellence
Fees remain unchanged for the 2017 program, but new this year-- individuals who are CAJ members applying in the community media or community broadcast categories do not pay an entry fee.
Our fees are structured to offer the best rates to CAJ members. Become a CAJ member today to take advantage of the lowest fees. To renew your membership, login to your CAJ account (note this is not the same as your awards submission account). Full information on entry criteria, submission tips and entry fees is available. Payment of fees is done online as part of submitting your entry/entries.
Fees (all fees include taxes):
- Member fee – $30
- Non-member fee – $110
- Student award entries for CAJ student members – FREE
- Community media or Community broadcast category individual entry for CAJ members -- FREE
- Student member entry fee, other categories – $25
- Team entry where all are CAJ members – $60
- Team entry including non-CAJ members – $200
- Student team entries — please contact the awards committee